Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Sooty Tern!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Adult Sooty Tern Cemlyn Bay, Anglesey

I would have liked this baby to have been scored on my birthday and make a fantastic double of Bridled and Sooty Terns on my birth date at the same site some 16 years apart. But the sporadic nature of this beauty has left me sweating it out since it was first found around the 8 July. Having spent all day at the site yesterday, it then flew out to see after 0500h this morning! Aaaaggghhhh! But it came back only for it to disappear again whilst I was on my way. But, thankfully, it came back, and although hunkered down in tern colony when I arrived, it eventually came out and gave fab views including a brilliant fly around at one point. Superb!

Photo | Leica APO Televid 77 | 20xWW | Nikon Coolpix 995 | © Steve Dudley

No comments: