Monday, July 18, 2005

My personal mega wildlife pond!


The Bogbumper popped down the fen for an hour so I took her for a wander around my 'personal mega wildlife pond' as she put it! I hadn't quite thought of it like that before - it might not be in the garden, but I can see it form my bedroom window! And now this four-year old irrigation res is beginning to mature and 'lush' up, its getting pretty funky for all things wildlife. With no fish in it, it should just get better and better for drags and other aquatic inverts.


Female Emerald Damselfly


Male Emerald Damselfly
One of the 11 species of dragonfly and damselfly recorded on it so far this year.



Male Gatekeeper
One of 11 species of butterflies recorded around the res this year.

All images | Nikon Coolpix 995 | © Steve Dudley

No comments: