Tuesday, October 18, 2005

White-rumped Sand

Well, its been there an age and returning back from Oxford in daylight I thought, why not? I might even get a digishot if I'm lucky.

Well on arrival, I found Kev DuRose almost walking in its footsteps. The bird was ridiculously approachable as it fed along the shoreline of the huge inland-sea of a lake that is Grafham Water. And that was the problem - it just wouldn't keep still.

It was either head down . . .


. . . behind a rock . . .


. . . looking the wrong way . . .


. . . then bingo!


I had a great half hour or so with this superb little chap, and I won't forget his friend either, Mr Dunlin.



Its easy when they don't move!

I left Grafham just wondering why I don't visit this place. Its only half an hour from home and perhaps I should change that from time to time.

Images | Leica APO Televid 77 | 20xWA | Nikon Coolpix 995
© Steve Dudley

No comments: